21 Aug 2010

Jesus invented the "high-five"... true story.


Ted, Barney, Marshall, Robin in the bar.

T: - Hey, I just got that girl's number. Check it out. Holli.

B: - Nice!
...
T: - Hey, you know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna call her right now. I'm gonna do that whole, "Hey, remember me? It's been so long. " See, it's funny, because I just saw her.
B: - Dude, you can't call her. You have to wait three days to call a woman. That's the rule.
...
T: - Barney, the three-days rule is insane. I mean, who even came up with that?
B: - Jesus.
M: - Barney, don't do this. Not with Jesus.
B: - Seriously. Jesus started the whole wait three days thing. He waited three days to come back   to life. It was perfect.
If he'd have only waited one day, a lot of people wouldn't have even heard that he died.
They'd be all, "Hey, Jesus, what up?" And Jesus would probably be like, "What up? I died yesterday. " And then they'd be all, "You look pretty alive to me, dude. " And then Jesus would have to explain how he was resurrected, and how it was a miracle. And then the dude would be like, "Okay, whatever you say, bro. "
R: - Wow, ancient dialogue sounds so stilted now.
B: - And he's not gonna come back on a Saturday. Everybody's busy doing chores. Working the loom, trimming their beards. No. He waits the exact right number of days. Three.
T: - Okay, I promise, I'll wait three days. Just please stop talking.
B: - Plus, it's Sunday, so everyone's in church already. They're all in there,
"Oh, no, Jesus is dead. " Then, bam! He bursts through the back door, runs up the aisle. Everyone's totally psyched. And FYI, that's when he invented the high-five.
Three days, Ted. We wait three days to call a woman, because that's how long Jesus wants us to wait.
True story.


(How I Met Your Mother Season 4 Episode 21)

No comments:

Post a Comment